Our History Makes The Difference
Our history as a document data integration company dates back to the days when microform scanning and conversion was the big deal.
Although we’re best known for Grooper, we started off as Business Imaging Systems in 1986.
Over the years, our customers have created powerful business outcomes across all industries, in higher education, and in local, state, and federal government.
We’re a decades old trusted technology provider and the creator of Grooper, the first intelligent document processing software.
We weren’t always a software development company, but the lack of innovation in document-based data capture drove us to create something new.
A Big Transition
Although the decision we made was entirely our own, in some ways our hand was forced.
From the earliest days, we’ve lived by our mantra: “tackle the hardest projects that deliver the most valuable, substantial, and measurable business impact.”
Committed to doing the hard things, the crossroads we came to challenged us to do something a reseller had never been done before:
Become a software company.
And the tragedy that started it all? Failing innovation in the document capture world. Stuck with technology that couldn’t meet customer demand, our choice was to either continue writing endless code to patch aging software, or start all over.
We chose to start all over and develop a software with an aspiration to match our mantra. . .
A Better Way to Develop Software
Two guiding principles would steer Grooper’s success:
- No Outside Funding
We believed that success hinged upon our 30+ years of experience as a data integration company – not the whims of outside investors.
- 100% Internal Development
By building our own software development team, we would remain agile, responsive, and fully in control over all stages of product development.
At no point have we ever outsourced code development.
Because we’re BIS and because we’re also Grooper, we bring something unique to data integration:
First and foremost, we develop software that meets our own rigorous demands. We still tackle the hardest projects we can find.
But now, instead of writing add-on code, we enhance Grooper with the innovations that modern business demands.
Secondly, our history in the industry gives us an (almost) unfair advantage.
Because we’ve been there, we know what works, and what doesn’t.
The Most Important Ingredient and An Invitation to You
You wouldn’t know us if you didn’t know something about our people – the wonderful folks that have brought us along this journey.
With an employee retention rate of over 98%, we’re all committed to the long haul, and to your success.
With headquarters in Silicon Prairie’s Oklahoma City, we’re an easy flight from you.
Stop by, meet our team, and join the family!
The Key to Our Success
We also thank the thousands of customers and partner community for your support, and especially for the challenges you’ve brought our way.
You’ve put your trust in us, and together we’ve tackled some very difficult projects (and in many cases, achieved what should have been impossible).
We remain committed to solving the hardest problems that provide the greatest outcomes, whether that’s increasing profits, or being a better steward of precious resources.
We hope you’ll follow us on LinkedIn where we share the majority of data integration company updates and fresh new content in the world of intelligent document processing and data integration.
A world where unstructured data is easily accessible, understandable, and useful for driving business efficiency and innovation.
Helping organizations transform their information and workflows to become industry leaders.
Values: What We Believe
- The outcome is the most important part of the journey. Following guiding principles that keep the goal in focus and filtering out the “noise” keeps projects on track to deliver value.
- A project should only be pursued if it’s supported by a well-reasoned business case.
- Transparency from all parties is essential to be effective. We work in a way that makes it safe for everyone to understand and tell the truth. When we say we can do something, we make it easy to see how.
- People are the most important part of our business. We value long-term relationships with employees and with clients. We have spent over three decades cultivating trust.
- Coming to grips with the complexities of data is hard. Being willing to have fun while getting things done makes the process more enjoyable and sustainable.
- Elegance and simplicity are valuable principles in the production of creative, efficient, and sincere work.