Data Processing Services
We don’t just do the scanning for you. Or simply convert physical media to digital. Even making paper text-searchable is old news.
We take valuable, rare, and confidential hard-copy data and turn it into knowledge for your organization.
Why just scan to archive when you can scan to know?
Not Your Typical Scanning Service
The Data Migration Center (DMC) is powered by the Grooper data integration platform. This provides many advantages over simple document scanning.
Within Grooper is the capability to extract data from physical media including:
Check Out Our Data Processing Case Study!
Get an inside look at what it’s like to work with BIS. From a project’s beginning to end, see how they help a government save 150 years worth of history, give the public much greater access to records, and deliver quick return on investment.
Why Choose the DMC to Process Your Documents and Data?
Because we scan and read virtually any physical media, and we attach meaning to the digital output. We deliver clean, easy-to-read PDF versions of documents, along with the original image.
In fact, because Grooper reads document information, you now have the ability to do more with document content.
For example, content can be redacted, used to create a standardized file name, exported as a text file, merged with external database information, or integrated directly into another Grooper environment or software application.
See how we helped a large government agency preserve over 15 million documents and enabled them to make better business decisions:
Common Use Cases:
Convert your paper documents to modern digital images or electronic data. Leverage technology only found in Grooper for enhanced image processing and cleanup to gain more accurate OCR results and higher quality output images.
Extract flat data from the pages of your files, making hundreds of fields searchable. Grooper can also retrieve and migrate data from nearly any legacy system. Protect your company’s valuable data from fire, flood, tornado, and hurricane.
Complement a Grooper Software Purchase
Accelerate business value to your organization with our processing services. Out Data Migration Center will quickly handle your documents as you get up to speed with the Grooper platform.
- Train Grooper with years of backlog documents
- Free up staff to focus on day-forward processing
- Define workflows prior to implementation for complex extraction tasks under the supervision of Grooper experts and data scientists
- Develop experimental use cases without disruption
Microfilm and Microfiche Conversion
Preserve microfilm and microfiche from deteriorating by converting them into digital images that can be accessed from any computing device.
Save time by locating documents digitally versus the cumbersome process of retrieval the old-fashioned way. Accelerate workflow with increased search capability, document classification, and data extraction from the body of the document.
- Remove scratches
- Isolate pictures and drawings
- Automatic page cropping and orientation
- Export in any file format
Custom or Confidential Processing
Our data migration clerks follow extensive procedures designed to protect confidential information. The DMC facility uses the best and most modern safety technology to ensure your data remains private.
- Leverage Grooper technology and expertise to augment your software or services
- Companies that sell business data use the DMC to provide their customers with valuable data
- Rapid processing for a merger or acquisition
- Proof of concept projects
- Digitizing and extracting information from historical records archives
Invoice Digital Processing
Lock box services allow organizations to never handle another paper invoice again. Mathematically validate invoices to ensure that discounts and credits are properly applied. Line item extraction allows validation on every line to identify discrepancies in quantities ordered versus charged. Match invoice data to PO system and flag irregularities.
Easily identify hundreds of document types contained in employee files, extract employee data, and verify accuracy by validating against your system.
Redact sensitive data, such as SSN or DOB for documents that need to be shared outside of HR. Our data migration clerks are held to high confidentiality standards and receive annual HIPAA, PHI, and PII training.
About the DMC
The Data Migration Center is a state-of-the-art data processing services facility providing quick, easy, secure, and comprehensive digital access to physical document archives.
Secured document transportation, storage, and certified destruction are also available.
PRISM Privacy+ Certified
One of only 37 PRISM Privacy+ certified facilities in the world, the DMC was built from the ground up to meet rigorous compliance requirements.
Privacy+ is a prestigious international certification program that allows records and information management companies to demonstrate commitment to ensuring the privacy of information.
To achieve Privacy+ certified status, companies must establish and have a third-party audit of internal controls designed to meet a specific set of control objectives designed to preserve information privacy.
- Secured Key Card Access – The BIS Records Center and conversion area are access-controlled with keyed locks and proximity card readers 24/7/365. Every employee carries an individual access card.
- Door Sensors – A security system utilizes door sensors and motion sensors that are monitored by a third party.
- Security Cameras – The document conversion area is 24/7/365 security monitored with IP high definition, 360-degree video surveillance cameras.
- Restricted Data Center Access – Data center access is restricted to key personnel and has a two-step entry process.
- Motion Detecting Light System – Custom motion-activated lighting ensures ample lighting for effective use of security cameras throughout the facility.
- Humidity-Controlled HVAC – Humidity is electronically controlled and is consistent from floor to ceiling throughout our record storage areas.
- Highly Sensitive Fire Alarm and Fire Suppression System – Inspected, approved, and fully certified by the City of Oklahoma City, BIS has installed a modern, state-of-the-art wet suppression pipe fire suppression system. The piping system varies from two to six-inch pipes throughout and utilizes 286-degree quick response upright sprinkler heads.
- Locked Storage Cage Options – This is available for documents that need a higher level of security or locked down to limited staffing approved to work on, above and beyond standard building security. This option will be quoted upon request.
- Device Use Policy – No cameras or cell phones are allowed in the document processing areas; all phones are stored in silent mode in lockers. Outside storage devices such as thumb drives are not permitted.
- Computer Use Policy – No unattended, unlocked computers are permitted; all computers are locked when users step away.
- Employee Background Checks – All BIS employees, including conversion personnel, have nationwide criminal background checks performed before working with client documents. All employees are also required to sign confidentiality agreements and non-disclosure agreements. For projects requiring additional security, fingerprinting and extensive background checks are run. We have employees who hold Criminal History Record Information (CHRI) Certifications and/or Criminal Justice Information System Security and Awareness (CJIS) Certification.
- Inventory Management – Upon arrival, client boxes are checked into our inventory management system and tracked throughout the entire process.
- Regularly Scheduled Pest Control Services
Security and Compliance
BIS is committed to ensuring customer data and records are safe and protected. Rigorous audits, training, and controls are in place for the following:
- HIPAA Compliance
- Sarbanes Oxley (SOX) Compliance
- SOC II Type II
- PCI Compliance
- PRISM Privacy+ Certified
How They Saved 150 Years of History with Data Processing Services
Time was running out for Sedgwick County, Kansas. Divisions of the county government storing their valuable historical documents in different methods, some even exposed to the elements and vermin.
The costs of storage were adding up, and as high as those were, they couldn’t compare to the possibility of losing pieces of history.
Then they enlisted BIS data processing services and had all documents quickly archived and digitized.
Download our case study to learn more:
“The quality and efficiency of work and service delivered was more than we could’ve asked for. It’s always been an easy relationship.”
Gena Cowan, HIM Manager, Mercy Hospital
“We have records dating back to 1877 that could not be replaced. These documents must be protected to maintain the history as well as many legal requirements. Preserving these records through BIS has provided high-quality digital scans and they have restored all my sewn books to pristine condition. Grooper has preserved the integrity of our historic records and enabled me to meet my goal of providing records to the public in less than five minutes per request.”
Butch Scipper, Chancery Clerk, Quitman County, Mississippi
“Space is a premium here, so being able to scan the paper that we no longer need and have that available electronically at a moment’s notice is tremendous value to us. Any time that we can offer up the information quickly and efficiently and accurately, we definitely show return on investment.”
Greg Gann, IT Project Manager, Sedgwick County
Featured Case Studies
Thousands of companies choose BIS to enrich products and services with unique data-centric solutions. Here are some of their stories.