Data Processing Services – Do More With Your Data & Documents
We don’t just do the scanning for you. Or simply convert physical media/ documents to digital. Even making paper text-searchable is old news for our data processing services.
Instead, we transform valuable, rare, and confidential hard-copy data it into knowledge for your organization.
Why just scan to archive when you can scan to know?
Not Your Typical Data Processing Service
The Data Migration Center (DMC) is powered by the Grooper data integration platform. This provides many advantages over simple document scanning.
Within Grooper is the ability to extract data from a wide range of physical media including:
Check Out Our Data Processing Case Study!
Get an inside look at what it’s like to work with BIS. From a project’s beginning to end, see how a government agency saved 150 years worth of history. As a result, they gave the public much greater access to records, and delivered quick return on investment.
Why Choose the DMC to Process Your Documents and Data?
Just as document scanning services are a big improvement over manual data entry, using the DMC is a big improvement over other document scanning services.
At the DMC, we scan and read virtually any physical media, and we attach meaning to the digital output. We deliver clean, easy-to-read PDF versions of documents, along with the original image.
In fact, because Grooper reads document information, you can now do more with document content.
For example, content can be redacted, used to create a standard file name, exported as a text file, or merged with external database data. You can also have your data integrated into another Grooper environment or software application.
See how a large government agency preserved over 15 million documents and enabled better decision making:
Common Use Cases:
Document Processing Services
Convert your large volumes of paper documents to modern digital images or data. Use tech only found in Grooper for enhanced image processing and cleanup. The results are more accurate OCR results, better output images and reduced operational costs.
Extract flat data from the pages of your files, making hundreds of fields searchable. Grooper also retrieves and migrates data from nearly any legacy system. Protect your valuable data from fire, flood, tornado, and hurricane.
Complement a Grooper Software Purchase
Speed up business value to your company or government with our processing services. By outsourcing your data processing, the Data Migration Center will quickly handle your documents as you get up to speed with the Grooper platform.
- Train Grooper with years of backlog documents
- Free up staff to focus on day-forward processing
- Define workflows prior to implementation for complex extraction tasks under the guidance of Grooper experts and data scientists
- Develop experimental use cases without disruption
Microfilm and Microfiche Conversion
Save microfilm and microfiche from falling apart by converting them into digital images accessible from any computing device.
Save time by locating documents digitally versus the tough process of finding the old-fashioned way. In addition, speed up workflows with increased search capability, document classification, and data extraction from the body of the document.
- Remove scratches
- Isolate pictures and drawings
- Auto page cropping and orientation
- Export in any file format
Custom or Confidential Processing
Our data migration clerks follow procedures designed to protect confidential data. The DMC facility uses the best and most modern safety technology to ensure your data remains private.
- Use Grooper tech and expertise to augment existing software or services
- Companies that sell data use the DMC to provide their customers with valuable data
- Fast processing for a merger or acquisition
- Proof of concept projects
- Digitizing and extracting information from historical record archives
Invoice Digital Processing
Lock box services allow you to never handle another paper invoice again. Mathematically validate invoices to ensure that discounts and credits are properly applied.
Line item extraction allows looks at every line to find discrepancies in amounts ordered versus charged. You can also match invoice data to PO system and flag irregularities.
Easily identify hundreds of document types contained in employee files, extract employee data, and verify accuracy by checking the data against your system of record.
Redact sensitive data, such as SSN or DOB for documents that need to be shared outside of HR. In addition, DMC data migration clerks are held to high confidentiality standards. Our clerks receive annual HIPAA, PHI, and PII training.
About the DMC
The Data Migration Center is a state-of-the-art data processing services facility providing quick, easy, secure, and extensive digital access to physical document archives.
Secured document transportation, storage, and certified destruction options are also available with our document processing services.
PRISM Privacy+ Certified
The DMC is one of only 37 PRISM Privacy+ certified facilities and was built from the ground up to meet rigorous compliance requirements.
Privacy+ is a prestigious international program that allows records and data management companies to show their commitment to ensuring the privacy of information.
To achieve Privacy+ certified status, companies must establish and have a third-party audit of internal controls designed to meet control goals to preserve data privacy.
DMC Facility Security
- Secured Key Card Access – The BIS Records Center and DMC data processing services are access-controlled with keyed locks and proximity card readers 24/7/365. Also, every employee carries an individual access card.
- Door Sensors – A security system uses door sensors and motion sensors that are monitored by a third party.
- Security Cameras – The document processing services area is security monitored 24/7/365 by IP high definition, 360-degree video surveillance cameras.
- Restricted Data Center Access – Data center access is restricted to key personnel and has a two-step entry process.
- Motion Detecting Light System – Custom motion-activated lighting ensures ample lighting for effective use of security cameras through the facility.
- Humidity-Controlled HVAC – Humidity is electronically controlled and is consistent from floor to ceiling in all record storage areas.
- Highly Sensitive Fire Alarm and Fire Suppression System – BIS has installed a modern, state-of-the-art wet suppression pipe fire suppression system that is inspected, approved, and fully certified by the City of Oklahoma City. In addition, the piping system varies from two to six-inch pipes throughout and uses 286-degree quick response upright sprinkler heads.
- Locked Storage Cage Options – This is available for documents that need a higher level of security or locked down to limited staffing approved to work on, above and beyond standard building security. This option will be quoted upon request.
Data Processing Personnel Security
- Computer Use Policy – No unattended, unlocked computers are permitted. All computers are locked when users step away.
- Employee Background Checks – All BIS employees, including data conversion personnel, have nationwide criminal background checks performed before working with client documents. All employees are also required to sign confidentiality and non-disclosure agreements. For projects requiring more security, fingerprinting and lengthy background checks are run. In addition, we have employees who hold Criminal History Record Information (CHRI) Certifications and/or Criminal Justice Information System Security and Awareness (CJIS) Certification.
- Inventory Management – Upon arrival, client boxes are checked into our inventory management system and tracked through the entire process.
- Regularly Scheduled Pest Control Services
Security and Compliance
BIS is committed to ensuring customer data and records are safe and protected. Rigorous audits, training, and controls are in place for the following:
- HIPAA Compliance
- Sarbanes Oxley (SOX) Compliance
- SOC II Type II
- PCI Compliance
- PRISM Privacy+ Certified
How They Saved 150 Years of History with Data Processing Services
Time was running out for Sedgwick County, Kansas. Divisions of the county government stored their valuable historical documents in different methods, some even exposed to the elements and vermin.
The costs of storage were adding up, and as high as those were, they couldn’t compare to the possibility of losing pieces of history.
Then they began using BIS data processing services and had all documents quickly saved and digitized.
Download our case study to learn more:
“The quality and efficiency of work and service delivered was more than we could’ve asked for. It’s always been an easy relationship.”Gena Cowan, HIM Manager, Mercy Hospital
“Space is a premium here, so being able to scan the paper that we no longer need and have that available electronically at a moment’s notice is tremendous value to us. Any time that we can offer up the information quickly and efficiently and accurately, we definitely show return on investment.”Greg Gann, IT Project Manager, Sedgwick County
“We have records dating back to 1877 that could not be replaced. These documents must be protected to maintain the history as well as many legal requirements. Preserving these records through BIS has provided high-quality digital scans and they have restored all my sewn books to pristine condition. Grooper has preserved the integrity of our historic records and enabled me to meet my goal of providing records to the public in less than five minutes per request.”Butch Scipper, Chancery Clerk, Quitman County, Mississippi
Featured Case Studies
Thousands of companies choose BIS to enrich products and services with unique data-centric solutions. Here are some of their stories.